When fall swings back around, it’s time to pull out the apple books! This is one of the most magical time in the classroom as students are getting more familiar with the class and their classmates and are eager to learn and have so much fun!
Here are my top picks of Apple Books for Kids!
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links that I may receive commission if you click through the links and make a purchase.
- THE BIGGEST APPLE EVER by Steven Kroll and illustrated by Jeni Bassett- Desmond, the country mouse, and Clayton, the city mouse love a good competition. As the new school rolls around, they have their eyes set on finding the BIGGEST apple ever. Will they be able to find it and who will be the winner? Read to find out in his super sweet story!
2. APPLES by Gail Gibbons- Another nonfiction classic from Gail Gibbons gives such an insightful read on the history of apples and how they become the beloved autumn fruit today. I love that this book is so informational and entertaining at the same time.
3. HOW DO APPLES GROW by Betsy Maestro and Giulio Maestro- I love when I get to bring science into my reading block and this book is perfect for it! As students read this nonfiction book, they will introduced and immersed in the science of growing apples and all the fun facts that might be as well-known.
4. HOW TO GROW AN APPLE PIE by Beth Charles and illustrated by Katie Rewise- Learn what it takes to grow an apple pie by following Sophie around the orchard as she finds out how apples are grown, when they are ready to picked, and how they are made into apple pies!
5. THE APPLE PIE TREE by Zoe Hall and illustrated by Shari Halpern- This is a wonderful book for young readers to see how an apple tree changes throughout the seasons until it is ready to grow apples and then turned into America’s beloved autumn dessert, apple pies!
AMELIA BEDELIA’S FIRST APPLE PIE by Herman Parish and illustrated by Lynne Avril- Amelia loves everything about fall and apples! This is fast fictional read for young readers to learn more about apples and have fun with Amelia Bedelia.https://a.co/d/6LzHOku
READY FREDDY! APPLE ORCHARD RACE by Abby Klein and illustrated by JOHN McKinley- Freddy’s class is on a field trip to the apple orchard and there’s a fun contest! A wooden apple is hidden and the student who finds it first will win $5. Freddy is on the hunt and wants to win before he knows Max will.
These are some of my favorite apple books! If you need apple ideas and activities for the classroom, check out these resources below and click on the images.