When October arrives, it is officially HALLOWEEN in my books!
Below are some of my favorite Halloween activities in the primary classroom to keep the learning fun and SPOOK-TACULAR!
- Read Spider Books– There are so many amazing fiction and nonfiction books on spiders. Click on the image below for a list of must-reads on spiders.
2. Spider Craftivity- After reading about spiders, record all the learning then create a fun spider craft to share the learning! Simply use black construction paper to cut out the body and legs for the spider and writing paper to share facts on them. To grab the template for the graphic organizer and the spider craft, click on the images below.
3. Create Halloween-themed Juice Boxes– Make regular juice boxes SPOOK-TACULAR. All you need is listed in the full tutorial. Click here or the image below to get it now.
4. Write Spooky Stories! – Have your students write short spooky stories and then reward their good work with these FREE pencil tags.
5. Go Batty!– On top of spiders, pull in bats and read all about them too! Click on the image for the my favorite fiction and nonfiction book on bats.
6. Treat Your Students!- Fill little goodie bags for your students with little surprises. I filled mine with little Halloween-themed toys, stickers, and erasers. For the gift tags, click here.
7. Lend a SPOOKY hand! – Write how to make Spooky Hands using popcorn then make them!
For more Halloween fun and activities, grab the Halloween math and literacy packet below and more!